Join me for a crafty getaway in October 2012

Join me for a crafty getaway in October 2012
Come on a crafty getaway in October. Meet other bloggers and get a great goody bag to play with and take home.

Saturday 19 May 2012

Round and about for Mo's challenge

This week at Bells and Bronte's challenge they want you to make a round card. I don't make many round cards and I went for an easle card for this one. I am not convinced that it has worked to be honest I feel kinda like it is missing something but it was good to challenge myself and I will try to work on round cards more and get better at them. 
I used the super cute hamster image called "Birthday Hamster" (This is the link to the old shop as can't find it in the new one :( ) I have coloured him with the following pro and flex markers....

Hamster: Cinnamon, Spice, Apricot, Oatmeal, Vanilla
Cake: Putty, March hare, Light fawn, Morning mist, Daffodil bloom, Vanilla
Icing: Pastel blue for shadow
Cup cake case: light fawn for shadow
Dotty background: Cool Aqua, Pastel blue, Powder blue, Dolphin blue

The papers are a mix from Up, up and away and Summer breeze First edition paper packs. The ribbon is from my stash as is the sentiment.




If you like pro and flex markers check out this new blog that is full of colour combo's


I am entering this card for the following challenges:
Glitter geeks - Polka dots
Inspire me Friday - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very lovely job.
I love this cuite

Carol C said...

Great card Amy, I love the colours and the wee cheeky face :) thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Carol xx

CraftyNess said...

What a fab image and I love the round card too - don't think there is anything missing at all :) thanks fo joining the glitter geeks this week x

Paula said...

I love this! The image is a fav of mine and the colors you've used look fantastic! Thanks for joining Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, I think this is a terrific card -- so sweet and adorable. Great job creating a round card.

Helen Anderson said...

Fab card Amy, the little hamster reminds me of my daughter's! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck x

Debbie said...

You did a FANTASTIC job for our Circle challenge, and a FANTASTIC job coloring in the image. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

Hugs
Debbie

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the shape and the image is just so adorable
Lindsay xx

Some of my jewellery

I keep getting asked about my jewellery so I am going to put this slide show on here so people can see it easily. Please see above for my normal blog which has turned out to be mainly cards.