Join me for a crafty getaway in October 2012

Join me for a crafty getaway in October 2012
Come on a crafty getaway in October. Meet other bloggers and get a great goody bag to play with and take home.

Saturday 9 April 2011

Sparkle and shine

Yippee it is Saturday and the weather here is lovely I hope it is where you are too :D I have two little 4x4 cards to share with you today. The first (I am sorry if you have already seen it) is my card for this weeks Crafts and Me challenge as hosted by the brilliant digi team which is glitter. I can never get enough glitter and sparkle so it is a perfect challenge for me. I coloured up this adorable Sara Burrier digi called Dear diary (grab her HERE) with promarkers then mounted her on foam pads. The glitter all around the edge was some double sided tape that I just ran all the way round it and then COVERED in gorgeous glitter :D
There is still time if you want to join in with the challenge and there is a great prize up for grabs so make sure you don't miss out, hop over to the Crafts and Me challenges blog for all the details. Oh and while I am talking about digi's don't forget to pop into the shop and check out all the gorgeous NEW DIGI'S that have turned up HERE.

For my second card I thought I would try something different for me and try to colour in just the grey colours. I am not too sure about the result but will keep working on it as I like the idea lol. This brilliant stamp is called Violet Angel and is currently out of stock but I am sure will be back HERE very soon. For this card I inked round the edges in pink then in the purple before stamping my angel straight on to the card blank and colouring her.

I am entering this card for the following challenges:
Flutter by - Open theme
Dream Valley - Things with wings
Amber's crafts - Try something new
Some odd girl - Clean and simple

Well that is my lot for today I hope you have all seen our hop that is currently going on. If you have managed not to see it make sure you check it out as there is a chance t win loads of goodies including a £45 voucher to spend in the Crafts and me store.
Hope you all have a brilliant week end

Huge hugs

Amy xx

17 comments:

Debbie said...

OMG I love this card - I have this stamp too - it is stunning xx

Crafty Lynz said...

wow both cards are lovely but i adore the jasmine beckett griffith card! i had no idea there were rubber stamps in her artwork!!! x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Amy these are two beautiful cards what stunning images, colours and designs I love them both.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Crystal said...

Outstanding coloring of these awesome images, FABULOUS creations!

EVIL twin said...

Both these cards are beautiful! I never thought about using just plain old double stick tape to hold glitter! Clever girl, you.

I think my next "new technique" will have to be trying to ink in two colors like your second card, that's just amazing.

Thanks for joining our challenge at Amber's Crafts & Stuff.


*!*april*!*
(Crafting pal)

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

gorgeous!!!

Sarah Rice said...

so lovely!!

thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

Teresa said...

Amy love the brightness of Dear Diary it looks georgous and the effect of Violet Angel all in grey is really dramatic and suits her perfectly.
Teresa x

angelwhispers said...

Two beautiful creations Amy and loving the first one such gorgeous colours!! Love Chanelle xxx

Tracey said...

Hi Amy, what beautiful cards :) Hope you are well hun.
Have a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

love it Amy!

Carlie M. said...

Wonderful card! I just LOVE it! Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl! Great take on the Clean and Simple Challenge!

tiggertastic said...

adore both of these makes, they are so very different with a nice big full image of bright colours, then the amazing purple blended background, which works so well with that gothic image

I enjoyed stopping by this evening and catching up. Hugs, Sarah x

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

Super Cool!

Thank you for trying out a new technique this week and sharing it with us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Leah l'Orange said...

love the cards, the second one is simple but so, so pretty! the embellishments totally make it! thanks for sharing your creation with the Odd Girls! :)

Carole of Brum said...

Lovely cards, the fairy looks very dramatic coloured in greys and the background complements this so well. Thanks for joining in with us at Dream Valley Challenges. CoB

Unknown said...

Fab card, thanks for joining our challenge on Some Odd Girl.
Caz
x

Some of my jewellery

I keep getting asked about my jewellery so I am going to put this slide show on here so people can see it easily. Please see above for my normal blog which has turned out to be mainly cards.