Join me for a crafty getaway in October 2012

Join me for a crafty getaway in October 2012
Come on a crafty getaway in October. Meet other bloggers and get a great goody bag to play with and take home.

Sunday 28 June 2009

Fresh Farm Friday and Then next level



Fresh Farm Friday is a new weekly challenge from The Greetings farm they wanted to see you go dotty for spots and over at the next level they wanted to see a step or pop up card so I thought I would work out my own sort of pop up card.
To make this one I cut 2 pieces of paper 9" x 5" and another one 6"x 2".
I scored the both 9x5 pieces 2" from each end giving me a 5"x5" square in the middle of each. Then on one of them I cut a window out of the 5" square section to be the front window to look through (This could be any shape or size you want).
For the 6"x2" I scored 1/2" from each end (this is going to be the centre section)
At this stage I decorated all my section before I put it together. The image I stuck to my newly created window and I stuck the dotty backing paper to the 5"x5" section of the other strip.
The little scene I doodled and coloured then stuck to the 6"x2" section.
Then you can put it all togeter.
The 6"x2" I put tape on the 1/2" sections I have scored and folded them away from my scene. The 9"x5" bcak section you need to fold the flaps towards the backing paper then fix the scene to the sides inside. Finally you can fold the front window piece with the flap folded away from the image and stick the sides the outside of the whole card.

I hope this makes sense. I forgot to take pics while making it sorry.

The image I hve used is cowgirl Anya and I have paper pieced her and coloured her with promarkers before decoupaging her to look more 3d. The scene as I said is a doodle I did and coloured with promarkers. The all the papers are from Designers extreme vol II

1 comment:

Mary Giles said...

Get out of here! This is absolutely amazing and the detail of your backdrop...jaw dropping. I'm still shaking my head in amazement. I think you got this one roped girlfriend!

Some of my jewellery

I keep getting asked about my jewellery so I am going to put this slide show on here so people can see it easily. Please see above for my normal blog which has turned out to be mainly cards.